Port Arthur ISD requires all parents to complete the Socioeconomic Form as part of the enrollment process, regardless of socioeconomic need. State and federal funds are allocated to school districts based on this information.
Several state and federal programs are dependent on the collection of this information, such as:
● State Funded Pre-Kindergarten
● Early Education Allotment
● College, Career, and Military Readiness (CCMR) Allotment
● National School Lunch/Breakfast Programs
● State Compensatory Education Allotment
● Title 1 Federal Grant Program
Additionally, students or families may be eligible for:
● College financial aid
● Emergency Broadband Benefit (to help households struggling to afford Internet services during the COVID-19 pandemic)
All families are asked to complete this form regardless of income--or prior submission of the form this school year--since the completion of this form impacts the district’s programming and funding.