Social Media Guidelines
Port Arthur ISD began sharing information on social media in 2012, with the sole purpose of reaching our community on an ongoing basis. We encourage your comments, ideas and concerns as they are important to ensure that a broad range of community members are active and informed participants in discussions.
We expect that participants will treat each other, as well as our district, employees, and students, with respect. In order to achieve this goal, Port Arthur ISD social media administrators will not edit comments, but reserves the right to remove or hide posts or replies or to block users who violate the district's social media policies.
Comments that will be removed include, but are not limited to:
- Foul language (comments including but not limited to: profane or provocative language; hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or derogatory content; threats; obscene or sexually explicit language will be removed).
- Unrelated to the District or the post itself
- “Trolling” (making deliberately offensive or provocative post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them)
- Off-topic comments
- Comments containing links to external sources
- Comments with the intent to sell a product or service (Advertisements OR solicitation, including promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency)
- Comments that link to crowdfunding sites
- Statements that are presumptively libelous, such as, but not limited to, that a person committed a crime OR was professionally incompetent
- Comments/posts that threaten to harm individuals, groups OR organizations
- Endorsement OR encouragement of illegal activities
- Endorsement of political candidates
- Repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- Personal information including, but not limited to e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers of any kind (Social Security numbers, student identification numbers, etc.)