Nominations, Testing & Identification
- Testing Periods:
- Fall - Kindergarten, 2nd Grade and 5th Grade
- Spring- K-5th grade nominations
- Nomination Process
- Raven Screening
- Teacher Observations
- Parent Questionnaire
If a student meets the requirements for any 2 of the 3 criteria above, they will move on to testing.
If a student meets the requirements for 4 of the 5 criteria listed above, they will be identified to receive services through the PAISD Gifted & Talented Program.
- Identification Instruments:
- Naglieri Non-Verbal Ability Test (NNAT3): The Naglieri Non-Verbal Ability Test is a nationally norm-referenced test that measures general reasoning ability. This test can be administered to students in grades K-12. The test scores are not influenced by a student’s verbal or quantitative knowledge, which makes the test useful for culturally and linguistically diverse populations.
- Torrance Test of Creative Thinking (TTCT): The Torrance Test of Creative Thinking (TTCT) is a nationally normed standardized test which measures a student’s creativity through the components of fluency, flexibility, originality, and elaboration. Artistic ability does not factor into this test. The TTCT consists of three tasks, each designed to tap somewhat different aspects of creative functioning.