Social Media Guidelines
Port Arthur ISD began sharing information on social media in 2012, with the sole purpose of reaching our community on an on-going basis. We encourage your comments, ideas and concerns as they are important to ensure that a broad range of community members are active and informed participants in discussions.
Port Arthur ISD reserves the right to modify this policy at any time and expressly reserves the right to remove comments from its pages. Port Arthur ISD retains the right to remove or not remove comments. In addition, we expect that participants will treat each other, as well as our district, our employees, and our students, with respect. We will remove comments if they fall into the follow categories:
- contain vulgar or abusive language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive terms that target specific ethnic or racial groups
- promote services or products (non-commercial links that are relevant to the blog post or comment are acceptable)
- are clearly “off topic,” or “spam”
- make unsupported accusations
- reference employees or students by name.
We will not edit comments to remove objectionable content, so please ensure that your comments contain none of the above.
To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include personally identifiable information, such as a Social Security number, addresses, phone numbers or email addresses in the body of your comment.
Questions posted on our social media pages or via direct message for Port Arthur ISD may not always be answered via that method. If you have a question for us, please contact 409-989- 6160 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.